This is my interpretation of the green beans from my favorite Japanese restaurant. Serve with a grilled steak! You can omit the miso paste if you choose.
You will need:
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon miso paste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Place the green beans into a steamer insert and set in a pot over one inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover and steam for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer beans to a serving bowl.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, miso paste, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Pour over the green beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Prep Time: 10 mins/Cooking Time: 5 mins/ Total Time: 15 mins