..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
A simple but tasty chili recipe using ground elk meat as the base. Best served with Mexican style cornbread. Beef may also be substituted for elk.
You will need:
- 1 ½ pounds ground elk meat
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles (Optional)
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
Advertisements CONTINUE READING BELOW
In a large deep skillet over medium heat, cook the ground elk with the onion until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
Pour the tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and green chilies into the skillet with the meat, and stir to blend. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano and brown sugar. Cover, and simmer over low heat for at least one hour.
Prep Time: 30 mins/Cooking Time: 1 hr/ Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins