This is a nice change from the ordinary vegetable salads to accompany a turkey or ham dinner. The dressing on this salad makes a delicious marinade for broiled or grilled meats.
You will need:
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add carrots and simmer until tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add carrots, celery, onion and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow carrots to marinate.
Prep Time: 20 mins/Cooking Time: 10 mins/ Total Time: 4 hrs 30 mins