This is a very hearty soup from the Mediterranean. If you prefer a heartier soup, add more fish.
You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 ½ ounces canned mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1 pound cod fillets, cubed
Place onion, green bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, orange juice, wine, bay leaves, dried basil, fennel seeds, and pepper into a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on low 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Stir in shrimp and cod. Cover. Cook 15 to 30 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve.
Prep Time: -/Cooking Time: -/ Total Time: –