What should you not eat on a low sodium diet?
- Frozen, salted meat or fish.
- Processed meats like ham, corned beef, bacon, sausage, luncheon meats, hot dogs, spare ribs, salt pork, ham hocks, meat spreads.
- Canned meat or fish.
- Breaded meats.
- Canned beans like kidney, pinto, black-eyed peas, lentils.
- Frozen dinners or side dishes with salt.
What are the worst foods for sodium?
- Smoked, cured, salted or canned meat, fish or poultry including bacon, cold cuts, ham, frankfurters, sausage, sardines, caviar and anchovies.
- Frozen breaded meats and dinners, such as burritos and pizza.
- Canned entrees, such as ravioli, spam and chili.
- Salted nuts.
- Beans canned with salt added.
What can you eat on a low sodium diet?
Low-Sodium Foods to Enjoy
Fresh, frozen or dried fruits: Berries, apples, bananas, pears, etc. Grains and beans: Dried beans, brown rice, farro, quinoa and whole wheat pasta. Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and parsnips. Fresh or frozen meat and poultry: Chicken, turkey, beef or pork.
What are the 3 foods to never eat?
- Sugary drinks. Added sugar is one of the worst ingredients in the modern diet. …
- Most pizzas. …
- White bread. …
- Most fruit juices. …
- Sweetened breakfast cereals. …
- Fried, grilled, or broiled food. …
- Pastries, cookies, and cakes. …
- French fries and potato chips.