- BEST OVERALL: EGO Power+ 24-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer.
- RUNNER UP: BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer.
- BEST BUDGET: Greenworks 2.7 Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer, 22102.
- EASIEST TO USE: WORX WG261 20V Power Share Cordless Hedge Trimmer.
- BEST GAS: Poulan Pro 22-Inch 2 Cycle Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer.
What is the best hedge trimmer to purchase?
- Best Overall: Black+Decker 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer.
- Best for Small Hedges: Sun Joe 2-in-1 Cordless Handheld Trimmer.
- Best Gas: Poulan Pro 2-Cycle Gas Dual-Sided Hedge Trimmer.
- Best Electric: Greenworks 4 Amp 22-inch Corded Hedge Trimmer.
What are the top 10 hedge trimmers?
- Husqvarna 122HD60 21.7cc Gas 23.7-in Dual Action Hedge Trimmer 9665324-02. …
- Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 20-Inch 3.2-Amp Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer, Grey. …
- Toro 51490 Corded 22-Inch Hedge Trimmer. …
- DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch, Tool Only (DCHT820B)
What hedge trimmer do professionals use?
|Husqvarna 122HD60||Gas-powered||23.7 inches|
|Poulan Pro PR2322||Gas-powered||22 inches|
|Craftsman CMCHTS820D1||Battery-powered||22 inches|
|EGO Power+ HT2411 Cordless||Battery-powered||24 inches|
What is the difference between a hedge trimmer and a hedge cutter?
Whereas trimmers handle the lighter, more delicate jobs when it comes to your hedges, cutters deal with the more heavy-duty work. These are much more robust because they need to deal with a much bigger and usually thicker workload.
Are 18V hedge trimmers any good?
If you’ve got a little more to spend, then the Dewalt 18v set of hedge trimmers is a great investment. You get a few more features for you money here too. Firstly, this is a great medium powered device, 18 volts, so enough for most everyday jobs. You get a 19 mm tooth gap, so suitable for all but the biggest branches.
What should I look for when buying a hedge trimmer?
- Electric. For most home users, electric hedge trimmers will be the best choice. …
- Gas. If you have a larger yard with big hedges, then a gas hedge trimmer may be worth the buy. …
- Power. …
- Cost. …
- Length. …
- Blade Types. …
- Weight. …
- Ease of Use.
What’s the best long reach hedge trimmer?
- Charles Bentley Telescopic Extension Hedge Trimmer.
- Ryobi Pole Hedge Trimmer.
- Vonhaus Cordless Pole Head Hedge Trimmer.
- Garden Gear Electric Telescopic Extendable Hedge Trimmer.
- Flymo Sabrecut XT Long Reach Hedge Trimmer.
- Wolfcreek Tools Electric Pole Trimmer.
How do you sharpen a hedge trimmer?
After you’ve applied the file to each cutting surface I like to add a few drops of lubricating oil
How thick a branch can a hedge trimmer Cut?
Hedge trimmers, whether gas, electric or battery powered, are ideal for cutting hedges and thin branches up to about 3/4 inch. Anything bigger than this could snag on the teeth of the trimmer and cause it to seize up, so it’s best to use a more powerful hedge cutter or chainsaw for larger branches.
Does Stihl make a pole hedge trimmer?
Up, up and away: STIHL hedge trimmers and pole pruners are genuine specialists in their respective areas. The STIHL hedge trimmers are specially designed for use in park and landscape maintenance, as well as for large private estates.
Which Stihl hedge trimmer is best?
If you’re looking for an entry-level petrol hedge trimmer, look no further than the STIHL HS 45. This hedge trimmer has a STIHL 2-MIX engine and is perfect for light maintenance of hedges, shrubs and bushes in the garden.
What is a brushless hedge trimmer?
Brushless would refer to the motor. The motor would not have brushes. … The motor does not have any brushes to wear out giving you a longer lasting motor. It also allows for more power for the tool.
How do you cut thick hedge branches?
Millimeters. This allows for a smooth. And fast hedge trim within a short period there is a blade
Can I use a chainsaw as a hedge trimmer?
A chainsaw can be used to trim bushes, hedges and shrubs. While not as effective as a hedge trimmer, a chainsaw can cut fast enough to trim through lighter woods. However, if you’re looking for those precision cuts, a hedge trimmer will best serve your purposes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Which is the lightest hedge trimmer?
- Spear &, Jackson 45cm Cordless Hedge Trimmer – 18V. …
- Flymo EasiCut 610Xt 60cm Corded Hedge Trimmer – 500W. …
- Ryobi RPT4545M 45cm Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer – 450W. …
- Gtech HT30 Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer – 18V. …
- Bosch 45cm Corded Hedge Trimmer – 420W. …
- Bosch 55cm Corded Hedge Trimmer – 450W.
What are the different types of hedge trimmers?
The three main kinds are corded electric, cordless battery-powered and petrol hedgetrimmers, each of which will suit the needs of different users. Corded Electric Hedgetrimmers: Corded hedgetrimmers are generally best suited to use in smaller gardens because they require access to a mains power source.
Are cordless hedge trimmers as good as electric?
While corded and petrol trimmers are powerful, they have their drawbacks. … Cordless hedge trimmers avoid all these problems. You just add a battery pack and you’re good to go. Without the cord or a petrol tank, you aren’t limited to where you can cut and these trimmers are also a lot lighter and quieter.
Which is better gas or electric hedge trimmer?
Power and Performance
Of the two options, gas hedge trimmers tend to have the most powerful output. … Gas hedge trimmers often have longer blades. This feature allows them to handle tougher and longer trimming work, which is why many professionals and large landowners prefer gas hedge trimmers to electric versions.
How do you cut tall hedges?
And if you just do a little at a time. Then. You don’t have to worry. About. You know it being all
How do you use a long pole hedge trimmer?
Because we are in October. Now we should be okay. And also we take a look inside the hedge and make
Should I oil my hedge trimmer?
Do Hedge Trimmers Need Oil? Yes, hedge trimmers need lubrication to keep the friction between the blades low to prevent excess heat which can bend the trimmer’s blades. Unlike chainsaws, hedge trimmers do not have a oil reservoir, therefore the oil is applied directly to the trimmer blades.
How long do hedge trimmer blades last?
According to product manuals, you need to sharpen your blades regularly after about 50 hours of use. That’s a lot of use for the typically homeowner.
What oil do you use for hedge trimmer blades?
So what oil do you use on a hedge trimmer? Use 3 in 1 oil or SAE20 engine oil to lubricate the blades of a hedge trimmer. Any grade engine oil will work well. Give them an oiling every 30 minutes or use, before, and after use.
Can I use a hedge trimmer to cut tree branches?
Can I use a hedge trimmer on tree branches? … Even the heavy-duty hedge trimmers with wider grooves don’t have the horsepower to cut through tree branches. Fact is, hedge trimmers can’t do the job of more suitable trimming tools like pruning shears or loppers.
What is the benefit of a dual action blade hedge trimmer?
Because you have twice the number of blades working, dual-action hedge trimmers significantly cut the amount of time necessary to trim hedges. Single-edge hedge trimmers have only one blade moving in one direction, but it takes longer to achieve the results.
How do you cut thick bushes?
Saws are commonly used to cut very thick branches. You can use fine-tooth saws to cut branches up to 2 1/2 inches in diameter, and while coarse-tooth saws may be used to cut thicker branches. You will find that pruning saws are most useful for heavy-duty pruning on very large bushes and trees.
What hedge trimmers are made in the USA?
- Makita 24.5cc Gas Powered Line Trimmer.
- Husqvarna Weed Eater String Trimmer, Bump Head, Straight Shaft, 25cc, 16″
- Husqvarna Poulan Pro Hedge Trimmer, Gas 28cc, 22″
- Husqvarna Weed Eater Featherlite Plus String Trimmer, Bump Head, 25cc, 16″
Where are Stihl hedge trimmers made?
Every Hedge Trimmer listed on this page US made STIHL Hedge Trimmers are US made. The HS 45 Hedge Trimmer is made in China. Note: All of their electric products and lithium ion products are made in Austria / Germany.
What is the longest Stihl hedge trimmer?
- Extended-reach hedge trimmer is the longest in the STIHL line with an overall length of 95.3 inches to trim hard-to-reach hedges with ease.
- Articulating 145° cutting head with 13 locking positions allows users to adjust the blade to precisely trim difficult angles of hedges.
Is Stihl a good hedge trimmer?
I prefer Stihl for a simple reason. Their tools are reliable, well-made, and easy to use. … But what makes these tools so special, regardless of their type, is the intelligent design that provides an outstanding power-to-weight ratio. These hedge trimmers are highly maneuverable yet extremely powerful.
Are Stihl battery hedge trimmers as good as petrol?
The most powerful cordless trimmers can match the weight of petrol trimmers. The most popular cordless hedge trimmers also give you the freedom to cut hedges anywhere you like without the risk of cutting through your cord. … As for the cost, high quality cordless trimmers can cost the same as a petrol trimmer.
How much does a Stihl pole hedge trimmer weigh?
|HS 46 C-E Specifications – Occasional Use|
|STROKES PER MINUTE||3,640|
How much does a hedge trimmer cost?
A hedge trimmer helps to get the job done fast. The best hedge trimmers on the market today average $123, and range anywhere from $33 to about $320.
When should you not cut hedges?
Ideally, hedges should be pruned in late winter, when plants are dormant and haven’t produced buds—particularly if you’re cutting back drastically. “You don’t want them to break bud before you prune because you want the plant’s energy to go toward producing new growth where you want it,” says Roger.
How much can you cut off a hedge?
How Far Can You Cut Back A Hedge? The rule of thumb for trimming hedges is to cut back no more than a third of the total volume of the hedge at one time. This is enough to encourage new growth in the top half of the plant without causing serious damage to its overall wellbeing.
Do I have to cut my hedge on my neighbor’s side?
The ownership of the boundary hedge itself is defined by where the main trunk is growing at. An owner of a hedge is responsible for it not damaging their neighbour’s property. … You do NOT have to cut your hedge on your neighbour’s side unless the growth is threatening to damage their property.
What is the lightest weight pole hedge trimmer?
- Sun Joe SJH902E Multi-Angle Telescoping Hedge Trimmer – 8.8 pounds (4 kg)
- Earthwise CVPH43018 Corded Convertible Pole Hedge Trimmer- 9.7 pounds (4.39 kg)
- GARCARE Corded Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer – 10 pounds (4.5 kg)
How powerful should a hedge trimmer be?
A hedge trimmer with a 36 V motor will offer good performance and will be comfortable to use for most applications. The ampere hour (Ah) rating indicates how long the battery lasts, the higher the Ah rating, the longer the run time.
Who makes the best gas hedge trimmer?
- Redmax CHT220L Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer. …
- Husqvarna 122HD60 Gas Hedge Trimmer. …
- Husqvarna 122HD45 Gas Hedge Trimmer. …
- Echo HC-2020 Gas Hedge Trimmer. …
- Huyosen 25CC Cordless Hedge Trimmer. …
- Poulan Pro PR2322 Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer. …
- SENIX HT4QL-L Gasoline Hedge Trimmer. …
- ECHO HC-155 Hedge Trimmer.
How loud is an electric hedge trimmer?
At 100 dB — just one more decibel than a leaf blower — hearing damage can occur in 15 minutes rather than 19 minutes. Hedge trimmer. At 103 dB, hearing damage can occur in 7 ½ minutes. Chain saw.
Do you cut sides or top of hedge first?
Trim tall hedges at the top first. Use the correct cutter and angle it at a slight 10-degree and start cutting the top of the hedges. Proceed with cutting the sides of the hedges. Proper maintenance is important to keep hedges compact and lovely to look at.
Can you use a hedge trimmer on a ladder?
In fact, as a rule, your hedgetrimmer should never be raised above head height. If you decide to use a ladder or step-ladder PLEASE make sure it is stable. Ultimately the best way is to keep your feet flat on the floor and if the hedge is too high, use a long-range hedgetrimmer.
Which is the best hedge trimmer to buy?
- Flymo SimpliCut Li: The best cheap and cheerful cordless trimmer. …
- Bosch EasyHedgeCut 18-45: The best hedge trimmer for a light and easy trim. …
- Bosch AHS 55-20 Li: The best cordless trimmer for medium-sized and larger gardens. …
- Black &, Decker BEHTS501: The best corded hedge trimmer.
How do you use a Stihl hedge trimmer?
Now. It should run and then you’re gonna flip the lever up your little throttle up and then let it
What is a pole hedge trimmer?
Fast. And easy starting onboard battery charge indicator.
Is WD-40 good for hedge trimmer blades?
Exposure to moisture and improper storage cause rust and corrosion, deteriorating the blade material and reducing cutting power. Keeping the blades clean and lubricated with a penetrating oil, such as WD-40, improves the performance and extends the life of your hedge cutters.
Can I use WD40 on hedge trimmers?
Don’t Use WD40 On Your Hedge Trimmer Blades
While WD40 is an effective and all-time favorite multipurpose lubricant, you should not use it for your hedge trimmer blades. WD40 is a penetrating oil, which can protect metals from rust and provide them lubrication as well.
How often do you sharpen hedge trimmers?
As such, we recommend sharpening after every 50 hours of use or so, to ensure consistent cutting performance and to enable you to enjoy your hedge trimmer for a long time to come. You can also find all the important information you need about sharpening your hedge trimmer in the operating instructions.