Tasty twist on a Mediterranean classic. Serendipitous discovery when I didn’t have any parsley on hand!
You will need:
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced into thin slivers
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- salt to taste
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, turn off the heat, and stir in the bulgur wheat. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes to absorb water. Strain off any liquid left unabsorbed, if necessary.
Place the bulgur wheat in a large salad bowl, and lightly toss with the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, pepper, and salt until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate the salad for at least 3 hours to blend the flavors; serve cold.
Prep Time: 30 mins/Cooking Time: 5 mins/ Total Time: 3 hrs 35 mins