Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Stock is combined with potatoes, low-fat sour cream and a low-sodium ranch mix and topped with turkey bacon. You won’t miss any of the flavor in this healthier version of mashed potatoes.
You will need:
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey bacon
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (32 ounce) carton Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup low-sodium dry ranch dressing mix
- ¾ cup shredded nonfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Cook turkey bacon in a skillet over medium heat to desired crispness; crumble.
In a large stock pot, combine potatoes and Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth. Boil potatoes and broth for about until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Do not discard broth. Add sour cream and ranch seasoning mix. Beat potatoes with a mixer or a mashing utensil until potatoes are mashed to desired consistency and ingredients are well combined, 2 or 3 minutes.
Stir in bacon, Cheddar cheese, and chives.
Prep Time: 15 mins/Cooking Time: 15 mins/ Total Time: 30 mins
CONTINUE READING BELOW